Thursday, March 10, 2011

Can my school stop me from taking Algebra 2/trig next year?

So, at my school, there are two math classes you can go into after geometry: either Algebra 2 (the easy one), or Algebra 2/trig (the hard one). I've been in geometry for two years since I failed the first year, and for both years, I have had the same math teacher, and the only reason why I'm passing now is because he's been yelling at me and treating me like an elementary schooler, making me turn in my homework and get extra help, when usually he just asks others if they have their homework or quickly glance at it to give them credit. I'm sick of having him as a teacher, but I found out that he will be the only Algebra 2 teacher next year. I want to take Algebra 2/trig since I've already had two years of geometry, and so that I won't have my teacher again, next year, but he keeps saying that he won't recommend me, that he won't sign the piece of paper I need to go to the harder class. Can the school really stop me from taking the harder class, just because my teacher doesn't recommend me?

No comments:

Post a Comment